WAYS TO HELP
Join our call for AbdulRahman's immediate and unconditional release by sharing on social media and using #FreeSadhan.
- The UN WGAD concluded that the detention of humanitarian aid worker Abdulrahman al-Sadhan in Saudi Arabia is arbitrary and calls for his immediate release. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison for tweets, and has been forcibly disappeared since his appeal hearing on October 5, 2021: https://www.ohchr.org/sites/default/files/documents/issues/detention-wg/opinions/session93/2022-10-20/A-HRC-WGAD-2022-30-AEV.pdf
- UN Special Rapporteur Report Highlights the Saudi regime's horrific human rights abuses, including the plight of AbdulRahman Al Sadhan. We call to #FreeSadhan and to stop human right abuses.
- Report: Saudi Arabia Government Repression in the US and Worldwide
U.S. based human rights organization Freedom Initiative issued a detailed report that investigates and analyzes the impact of Saudi Arabia's repression, detention, harassment, and entrapment of US citizens and their families.
- “Shrouded in Secrecy: Prisons and Detention Centres in #SaudiArabia”
ALQST’s latest report presents an in-depth study of the #Saudi prison system, identifying an emerging trend of increased abuse of prisoners’ rights, including horrific torture and enforced disappearance of
AbdulRahman Al Sadhan.
- Amnesty International - Saudi Arabia: Authorities ramp up repression after G20 hiatus
- CNN Op-ed: My brother is serving 20 years in a Saudi prison. Biden should ask MBS for his release
- WP Op-ed: Saudi Arabia sentenced my brother to 20 years for tweeting. This could be his last chance.
HUMAN RIGHTS Events
#FreeSadhan campaign video by Freedom Initiative:
Lengthy sentences & forced disappearances. Saudi officials trying to hide the abuses. Oct 5 2021